Lightest Weight Fifth Wheel Hitch That Fits 2019 Ram 2500 OEM Rail Kit
Hi Jameson Very impressed by the fast reply. I never envisioned that after all of the research selecting a new rv that trying to decide on an appropriate hitch would prove to be so hard. While I understand the features of a slider, the weight and having to jump on and out of the truck turns me off. The rv comes with the turning point pin box standard and I really need the extra turning radius. But of course am sensitive that I am pushing the max pin weight of my truck. To late now. I love the 2019 ram 2500, it’s a monster so may be worrying to much. The new rv has a pin weight of 1555 and a GVW of 12k although doubt if I ever see that. Knowing all that do you still think this is the best way to go?
asked by: Al R
The lightest weight fixed hitch we offer that fits directly to the OEM rail kit of your 2019 Ram 2500 is the Curt A16 # C16520-16021 which weighs 179 lbs and even has easier to use grab handles on the side of the hitch.
Then for a wedge to lock it to your pin box you'd want the # RP31016.
The # C16520-16021 would be your best option. It's the lightest hitch that fits your rail kit and since you have the pivoting pin box you wouldn't need a slider hitch. Using the pivoting pin box does not affect the pin weight of the trailer or your truck's capacity.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Fifth Wheel King Pin
- Curt 5th Wheel
more information >
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Recommended 5th Wheel Hitch For 2017 Ram 2500 Short Bed With OEM Prep Package
- Recommended 16K Curt 5th Wheel System to be Compatible with Reese Sidewinder on a 2014 Ram 3500
- Option to Lower Nose of Trailer Using Curt A20 Hitch for Ram Rail Kits
- Weight Of The Curt A16 5th Wheel Hitch For Ram Towing Prep Package
- Best Sliding 5th Wheel Hitch For A 2015 Ram 2500 With 6-1/2 Foot Bed
- Does Curt A16 for 2021 Ram 3500 OEM Rail Kit Require Trimming Bedliner
- Which is Better Fifth Wheel Hitch for 2020 Ram 2500 Rail Kit A16 or E16
- Recommendation for a 5th Wheel Hitch for a 2017 Ram 2500 with Factory Prep Package
- Height Differences For Curt A16 5th Wheel Hitch In Slider Versus Non-Sliding Application With Ram
- Compatible Wedge for Curt A16 5th Wheel Hitch and Lippert Turning Point Pin Box
- How to Determine Clearance for Towing a Fifth Wheel with 2016 Ram 2500 Short Bed with Factory Kit
- Recommended 5th Wheel Hitch For 2017 Ram 2500 With Factory Prep Package
- Can Curt A16 Fixed Hitch for Ram Rail Kit be Used in Short Bed 2020 Ram 2500 with LCI Turning Point
- Recommended 5th Wheel Hitch Compatible w/ Turning Point Pinbox and the 2023 RAM Factory Puck System
- Compatibility of Sidewinder Pin Box & Curt A16 Fixed 5th Wheel Hitch
- Trouble Latching the Locking Jaws on the Curt A16 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch
- Is the Curt Q16 5th Wheel Hitch Compatible with a TrailAir Pin Box
- Is Slider Hitch Required to Tow 5th Wheel Trailer w/2015 Ram 2500 Short Bed w/Factory Prep Package
- Fit of Curt A16 Fifth Wheel Hitch C16520-16021 In Factory Pucks on 2020 Ram 2500
- Will 5th Wheel Hitch for 2017 Ram 2500 Prep Package 8 foot Bed Work with 6-1/2 foot Bed
- Will the Curt A16 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch for Ram Towing Prep Package Fit a Short Bed Ram 2500
- Recommended 5th Wheel Hitch for 2018 Ram 2500 with Lippert Trailair Turning Point Pin Box
- Compatibility Of The Curt A16 In Factory Pucks On A 2022 Ram 2500 Long Bed
- Can Curt A16 5th Wheel Hitch be Used to Tow Starcraft Telluride 296BHS
- Recommended 5th Wheel Hitch For 2020 Ram 2500 8 Bed With OEM Prep Package
- Can Curt A16 5th Wheel Hitch # C16520-16021 Safely Pull 14,350 Pound GVWR Trailer
- Availability of 16K Fifth Wheel for 2015 Dodge Ram 3500 with Factory Rails
- Does Curt Fifth Wheel Work With Reese Revolution on 2017 Ram 2500?
- Recommendation for a 5th Wheel Hitch for a 2018 Ram 2500 Long Bed with Factory Prep Package