7-Way to 4-Way Adapter on Trailer for 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
My jeep has the V-6 without a tow pkg. Under the bumper that is, I believe, a 7 pin connector. A trailer that I plan to pull is just a small light weight under 2500 lbs and has a 4 pin connector. What are the best connecting harness that you would recommend?
asked by: Bob S
Helpful Expert Reply:
Since you said your 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee already has a 7-way connector, and you are looking to tow a trailer with a 4-way connector, you just need an adapter.
For that I recommend the Pollak 7 Pole to 4 Way Connector Adapter # PK12716.
All you'll need to do is plug this into your Jeep's 7-way and it will convert one end into a 4-way so you can just plug it right in. I have added a link to a video review for you to check out as well.
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Q&A: 2011 Mercury Grand Marquis Trailer Hitch Recommendation
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a 4-Way and 7-Way Trailer Connector
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: 7-Way Trailer Wiring Harness for 2024 Hyundai Santa Cruz
- Q&A: Will The etrailer Trailer Hitch Receiver Fit With Larger Spare Tire On 2021 Ford Ranger Tremor?
- Q&A: How to Prepare a 2023 Ford Bronco For Flat Towing
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Q&A: Trailer Wiring Solution for 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee L with Tow Package
- Article: Towing a Trailer? Let's Talk About Brake Controllers
- Q&A: Is There a 30-Amp RV Power Cord 25 Foot Long With Twist Lock 90 Degree Camper Connection?