SumoSprings for Jayco Jay Flight SLX-7 183RB Baja & How to Determine Solar Power Needed
Hi Kyle, I understand mounting on the leaf spring, I was referring to the frame contact point. My assessment is compression pressure keeps it properly aligned on the frame. Be safe Kyle. P.S. What do you suggest for a solar panel?
asked by: Stan H
Based on my research, your 2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX-7 183RB Baja has a single 3,500 lb axle which is overslung - meaning the leaf springs sit over the axle. Knowing that, the correct SumoSprings for your trailer are the SumoSprings Trailer Helper Springs # TSS-107-40.
These will do a great job of helping stabilize your trailer and reduce the amount of body roll that can occur. I have added links to the instructions as well as video reviews for you to check out as well of the SumoSprings # TSS-107-40.
That's a good question. The spring itself of the SumoSprings Trailer Helper Springs # TSS-107-40 gets attached to the mounting bracket via a carriage bolt, as you can see by the cut out I added of the linked installation instructions.
Then you will use the bracket to attach the entire assembly to the leaf springs, keeping everything in place. Once you attach it to the leaf spring, you are done with the install, and there is no drilling or any type of modifications needed. I do recommend taking a look at the linked installation manual just to get a good idea at how the entire assembly comes together.
I see, yes the compression pressure will help keep it properly aligned on the frame, that's a good assessment.
As for the solar panel, that really depends on the power consumption you need. For example, the Go Power Eco Solar Charging System with Digital Solar Controller - 80 Watt Solar Panel # 34272627 is great for a couple of 12 volt batteries and about 27 amp hours per day.
I have added a link to a help article entitled "How Much Solar Power Do I Need For My RV" which I highly recommend reading, as well as a link to all of our solar power kits.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- RV Solar Panels
- Roof Mounted Solar Kit
- Rigid Panels
- 80 Watts
- 0.1 - 5 Amps
- Flooded Lead Acid
- Lithium - liFePO4
- 34-21/32L x 26-13/32W Inch
- 1 Panel
- Go Power
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- How Much Room Is Needed To Install SumoSprings On A Trailer
- Can SumoSprings # TSS 107-40 be Used with Shock Kit Installed on Trailer
- SumoSprings Kit for Jayco 30.5 Travel Trailer to Prevent
- Recommended SumoSprings Trailer Helper Springs For 26' Apex Travel Trailer
- Can SuperSprings TSS-107-40 Trailer Suspension Helper Springs Be Cut Down if Too Tall to Fit
- Suspension Enhancement for Stryker 2816 Travel Trailer
- Does SumoSprings Trailer Helper Springs Include Two or Four Springs?
- Troubleshooting SumoSprings Compressed 1/2 to 2/3s After installation
- SumoSprings Trailer Helper Springs For a 2022 Forest River Salem FSX 177BH
- How to Determine What SumoSprings Leaf Spring Enhancement Will Work
- Is There a Spacer for the SumoSprings Trailer Helper Springs for Over Slung Axles
- Can SumoSprings Trailer Helper Springs be Used on Slipper Spring Setups
- Recommended Preload for SumoSprings TSS-107-40 Trailer Helper Springs
- Can the SumoSprings TSS-107-40 Fit On a 2,000 Pound Axle?
- How To Stop Wheels From Coming into Contact with Floor on Keystone Cougar
- Will SumoSprings 7k Trailer Axle Kit TSS-107-40 Fit 2016 Grand Design 350M Toy Hauler
- Recommended 72" 2000lb Axle With Spring Centers On Top Of Axle To Make It Overslung
- Will SumoSprings Kit # TSS-107-40 Fit Trailer with Overslung Axles
- SumoSprings For Trailer to Help When Going Offroad
- Recommendation For Reducing Toy Hauler Trailer Rear Suspension Sag When Loading a Harley Trike
- Recommended SumoSprings Trailer Helper Springs for 2021 Grand Design Reflection 5th Wheel
- SumoSprings Trailer Helper Springs For a 2022 Forest River Surveyor Legend 202RBLE Travel Trailer
- How To Find Correct SumoSprings Trailer Helper Springs for Jayco Eagle 29.5BHDS 5th Wheel
- Solution for Suspension Enhancement on 2019 Grand Design Momentum 351 M-Class
- Recommended Suspension Enhancement For 2021 Keystone Outback 291UBH Travel Trailer
- Recommendations For Upgrading the Suspension on a 2018 Grand Design Travel Trailer
- Recommended Suspension Helper for Stock Trailer
- Using SumoSprings Trailer Helper Springs In Place of Shock Kit on Trailer