How Is the Socket Held Inside the Bracket On the Roadmaster 12 Volt Outlet Kit
How does the socket attach to the mounting bracket? From the pictures, to appears that it is friction fit only versus a solid attachment to the mounting bracket?
asked by: Jim S
Helpful Expert Reply:
In regards to the Roadmaster 12 Volt Outlet Kit part # RM-9332, the wires will pass through the opening in the front of the bracket (side with prongs) and then you'll pull the wires through util the plug catches on the prongs. The last time I installed this kit the fit was a bit loose so I just took a pair of pliers and clamped down the prongs more for a tighter fit.
If you take a look at the 2:00 mark in the attached video you will see this process above.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Adding a 12 Volt Power Circuit to a 7-Way Trailer Connector on a 2010 Ford F-250
- How to Power the Blue Ox Patriot While Flat Towing a 2020 Jeep Gladiator
- Troubleshooting Car Battery Low Indicator on Blue Ox Patriot Brake System
- How to Power Braking System for 2017 Ford Focus Where Battery Has to be Disconnected
- Does Blue Ox Patriot Supplemental Braking System Require Battery Disconnect for 2018 Jeep Wrangler
- Cigarette Lighter Outlet Availability for Vehicle Battery That Can Handle 12 Amps
- How Does Blue Ox Patriot BLU37TR Get Power From Towed Vehicle?
- 12 Volt Accessory Outlet Needed to Power the Roadmaster Even Brake on a 2013 Honda CR-V
- Recommended 12 Volt Outlet Kit For Brake Pro Wireless System
- Does Roadmaster 12V Outlet Kit Include Install Instructions
- How to Power Blue Ox Patriot II Supplemental Braking System Vehicle That Battery Disconnects
- How to Power Supplemental Braking on a Vehicle that Requires Battery to Be Disconnected
- What is the Wire Gauge Used on the Roadmaster 12 Volt Outlet Kit # RM-9332
- What Two Fuses Need to Get Pulled to Flat Tow 2014 Honda CR-V
- How to Power Blue Ox Patriot Braking Kit on Vehicle Where Battery Needs to be Disconnected
- How to Power Supplemental Braking System for Flat Towing a Vehicle Where Battery Gets Disconnected
- How to Power Blue Ox Patriot Braking System When Vehicles Negative Battery Cable Is Unhooked
- How Does Blue Ox Patriot Draw Power From Vehicle with Disconnected Battery
- Is There a Range of Roadmaster Even Brake Transmitter & Monitor for 2020 Ford Ranger
- Where does the RoadMaster Stop Light Switch Kit, # RM-751442, Receive Power to Operate
- How to Power Supplemental Braking System 2018 Chevy Colorado When Battery is Disconnected
- Powering Blue Ox Braking Buddy on 2016 Ford F-150 that Cuts Off Power Supply When Flat-Towing
- Recommendation For Towing A 2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ Manual Transmission
- Can the 12 Volt Outlet Kit # RM-9332 be Installed in a 2013 Toyota Sienna
- Universal 12-Volt Auxiliary Power Options For Installation on a 2021 Honda CR-V
- How to Use a Voyager WiSight Monitor in a 2023 Chevrolet Silverado That Does Not Have a 12v Outlet
- How to Power a Supplemental Braking System with a 2013 Chevrolet Spark
- Parts Needed to Add Second Battery and 12V Outlets to Bed of Chevy Silverado
- How To Charge Blue Ox Patriot Braking System Without Running The Vehicle