Troubleshooting Trailer Running Lights Not Functioning on a Trailer
I have a 7 pin connector. The running lights work on the left but not on the right. At one time we had all the lights on. The turn signals work on both sides along with the electric brakes. The a couple of the back rights lights are a little hot.
asked by: Jess
Sounds like the ground circuit maybe isn't sufficient for the right side of your trailer lighting. Try improving how the light assemblies on that side of the trailer ground and you most likely will get the lights to function properly. If the lights ground through the mounting hardware you can try cleaning the mounting area or run a jumper wire from there to main ground wire of trailer or if they ground through a wire you could run a jumper wire there as well.
I attached a couple help articles on trailer wiring troubleshooting for you to check out as well.
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: Brake Controller Installation: Starting from Scratch
- Q&A: Blule Ox Baseplate For A Diesel 2020 GMC Sierra 3500 Denali
- Article: How to Install a Brake Controller on Chevrolet / GMC 1999-2006 Pickups
- Article: Pintle-Hitches
- Q&A: Parts Needed to Flat Tow 2023 Ford Bronco
- Q&A: Difference Between RoadActive Suspension Kits for 2024 GMC Sierra 2500
- Q&A: 6k Hub Drum that Can Fit Timbren Axle Less Kit part # ASR1THDS03
- Q&A: Parts Needed to Install Curt Inline Echo Brake Controller On Vehicle with 4-Way
- Q&A: Parts Needed To Activate Trailer Brakes With A 2024 Toyota Grand Highlander
- Q&A: Availability Of 33" Ark Stabilizer Jack And Dimensional Diagrams Of Similar Ark Corner Steadies