Does Draw-Tite Hitch for 2020 BMW X5 Require Bumper Fascia Trimming
I'm going to order the 76288 Draw Tite Hitch and just want to know if I'll need to do any fascia trimming when I go to install it.
asked by: John
To install the Draw-Tite Max-Frame Trailer Hitch Receiver # 76288 on your 2020 BMW X5, you'll need to temporarily remove the bumper/fascia in order to get the hitch in place. Before it can be re-installed, you will need to trim off a small section, as shown in the first photo. In addition to that, the bumper beam mounting plate will need to be slightly trimmed by 1 inch as well (second photo). A trim pad removal tool like # ALL648544 will come in very handy.
That being said, you won't need to drill any holes in your X5's frame, and once installed, only the square receiver portion will be visible, as the rest of the hitch will be concealed behind your bumper, for a nice clean OEM look.
I've attached the complete step by step installation instructions at the bottom of the page for you, as well as a helpful link to the rest of the parts I recommend to complete your towing package.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Automotive Tools
- Fastening Tools
- Trim Removal Tool
more information >
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Hitch that Fits 2022 BMW X5
- Trailer Hitch Recommendation for 2020 BMW X5 M50i
- Wireless Or Wired Trailer Brake Controller For a 2022 BMW X5 With Factory Tow Package
- What is Involved in Installing the Draw-Tite # 76288 with a Trunk Sensor on My 2021 BMW X5?
- Does Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch for 2019 BMW X5 Require Bumper Fascia Trimming
- Does the Draw-Tite Hitch for a 2022 BMW X5 Require Trimming the Fascia
- Can I Install A Trailer Hitch On My 2003 BMW X5?
- Correct Trailer Hitch for 2019 BMW X5
- 2020 BMW X5 Trailer Hitch and Bike Rack Recommendations
- Recommended Trailer Towing Setup for 2020 BMW X5
- Does Draw-Tite Hitch 76288 Require Bumper Fascia Trimming on 2020 BMW X5
- Trailer Hitch Fit for 2020 BMW X5
- How Far Under the Bumper Does the Draw-Tite Hitch for a 2019 BMW X5 Sit
- Recommended Trailer Hitch for 2020 BMW X5
- Fit of Draw-Tite Class III Hitch 76288 on 2021 BMW X5 Hybrid
- Trailer Hitch Recommendation for 2020 BMW X5 for Towing Small Trailer
- Will Draw-Tite 76288 Class III Require Fascia Trimming to Install on 2022 BMW X5
- Does the Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch 76288 Require Trimming On a 2020 BMW X5
- How Far Down Does the Receiver Tube Sit on the Draw-Tite Hitch 76288 for a 2019 BMW X5
- Hitch Recommendation For 2019 BMW X5
- Trailer Hitch Recommendation for a 2020 BMW X5
- Picture of Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch on BMW X5
- Hitch Height for 2020 BMW X5 Compared to Factory Option
- Trailer Hitch Recommendation for 2022 BMW X5
- Which Panel Needs Trimmed To Install Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch On a 2019 BMW X5
- Is Fascia Trimming Required to Install Draw-Tite Hitch on 2020 BMW X5