Both Portable Lights Flash On Tow Vehicle When Hooked Up to RV
When the RV lights are on and turn signals are on then the portable lights on my toad both flash. This problem started the last time out. The wiring of the RV is good. I removed the ground wire and cleaned the metal. Using a tester I checked the wiring to the 7 pin connector. All the connections were correct. The 7 to 4 pin connector is also good. Only when I plug in to the 4 pin the flashing starts.
asked by: Lonnie B
It sounds like you are using magnetic lights like part # TL21RK on your towed vehicle that has a 4-pin that connects to a 7 to 4 pin connector at the RV. I recommend to check all of the wiring for frays or damaged wiring to make sure there is not a short that is allowing 2 functions to get a signal at the same time so the magnetic lights light up at the same time. What type of adapter are you using and did you use it before this started happening?
It makes me think the problem is a short since you have already checked the ground and you didn't have this issue until recently with the same exact setup. If you just started using the adapter it may not be pinned the same as your 7-Way.
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: Trailer Tire Sizing
- Article: Trailer Lighting Requirements
- Q&A: Replacement Axle And Leaf Springs For A 4' x 6' Single Axle Trailer
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 4-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Article: Most Popular Wheel Bearings
- Article: How to Measure the Bolt Pattern of a Trailer Wheel
- Q&A: Picking Out Replacement Hub for Nitro Boat Trailer
- Q&A: Troubleshooting Amazon Trailer Leaf Springs Failing Within 100 Miles Of Use
- Q&A: How to Determine Replacement Trailer Wheel Bearing Sizes
- Q&A: Work Flood Light Fitment for 3-1/2" Wide x 2-1/4" High Spacing
- Q&A: U-Bolt Kit for Smaller Round Axle on Jet Ski Trailer
- Article: Slipper Spring Trailer Suspension System Review
- Q&A: Is a Spindle Washer Needed Between the Spindle Nut and Outer Bearing on Dexter 5 on 4-1/2 Hubs