Exhaust Modifications for 2001 Ford Crown Victoria with Dual Exhaust
This hitch for the crown vic says dual exhaust needs to be modified. What are the modifications that will need to be preformed as I have a p71 police interceptor that I would like to put a class 3 with 2 reciever on.
asked by: Kevin
In order to clear the exhaust, the hanger will need to be bent to avoid contact with the hitch once it is installed. This is a pretty simple process, which should not require a trip to the muffler shop or any major modifications. I have linked you to an FAQ article that explains how to manipulate the muffler hangers to move the muffler further away from the hitch.
If you should need the 4 pole trailer connector for trailer lighting, we offer the Upgraded Circuit Protected Modulite with 4 Pole Harness and Hardwire Kit, part number 119147KIT. This kit offers everything necessary for installing the wiring harness, including a circuit tester for verifying your connections. I will include a link to the wiring harness, which can be found below.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Trailer Hitch
- Custom Fit Hitch
- Class III
- 350 lbs TW
- 3500 lbs GTW
- 6000 lbs WD GTW
- 2 Inch Hitch
- 750 lbs WD TW
- Concealed Cross Tube
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: Is There a Replacement for a Trimark 030-0900 Door Latch
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Q&A: 4-Pole Trailer Wiring Harness for 2007 Mercury Grand Marquis
- Q&A: Is a Heavy-Duty Hitch Available for Cargo Trailer?
- Q&A: Bracket Height and Receiver Tube Dimensions of Curt Adjustable Width Trailer Hitch Receiver C13702
- Q&A: Recommendations For Upgrading a 5.70-8 Trailer Wheel To Something Larger
- Q&A: Will the Draw-Tite DT28MR Fit a 2018 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
- Q&A: Hitch and Mounting Hardware for a 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Article: Trailer Hitch Installation Tips
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: Ball Mount Basics: Weight Capacity, Class, and Size