bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Recommended Trailer Hitch Adapter for 3 Inch Hitch Receiver Opening


I looked on your site but can’t seem to find what I’m looking and I maybe using the wrong terminology. But basically I need a 3 inch tube/receiver to convert to a 2 inch tube/receiver with a 2 inch


Expert Reply:

To convert a 3 inch receiver opening to a 2 inch receiver accessory you will need a hitch adapter. If you are just using a ball mount I recommend the Curt Hitch Receiver Reducer Sleeves - 3" to 2-1/2" or 2" # C45408. If you are going to be using an anti-rattle device like you'd want on a ball mount I recommend instead using the Reducer Sleeve for Super Titan Hitch Receivers - 3" to 2" # 38735. This will allow you to use an anti-rattle lock on the 3 inch receiver and then use the anti-rattle of your accessory which won't work when doubling up reducer sleeves.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>