bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Which Timbren SES Do I Need for a 2017 Ram 2500


I see theres 2 options for the Timbren SES for my truck. I have a small slide in cab over camper but I also haul other things like hay, gravel, feed and many other things in my truck. Im somewhat confused by the weight rating of each since the severe heavy duty model is rated for less weight than the standard duty version. Which of the 2 options would best fit my needs? Is one better for unloaded driving over the other? Im also wondering if the fact that my truck has the off road package makes any difference with the TImbren.


Expert Reply:

The difference between the Timbren # TDR2500D and the # TDRTT3500E is that the TDRTT3500E are designed for commercial service trucks which will have a more beefy suspension system already and a slightly different frame. The TDR2500D is designed for the passenger vehicles like your 2017 Ram 2500, so this would be the Timbren SES you're looking for. Whether or not you have the off-road package on your 2017 Ram 2500 won't have any effect on which Timbren system you're using, so there's nothing to worry about there.

These are a great solution for truck bed campers since they'll provide shock absorbing support and relieve some of the stress on the factory suspension when the truck bed is loaded. When your truck bed isn't loaded, the springs won't engage with the axle, so your ride quality won't be effected. These are a great, zero maintenance choice when it comes to suspension enhancements compared to air bags.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>