bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Brackets Needed To Move 6401 Firestone Ride Rite Bags To 2012 Ram 3500


I have a riderite 2800 air bag system on my 2000 f250 super duty I am wanting to swap it over to my 2012 Ram 3500. Can I just order the brackets for my ram 3500 to make this change ?


Expert Reply:

Yes, the Ride-Rite air bags for the 2000 Ford F-250 are 6401 air bags and can be reused on the 2012 Ram 3500. I do recommend to check your air bags to make sure the side of them says 6401 just to be sure. The number is stamped on the side of the air bags like in the photo shown.

I have listed the parts needed to install the 6401 bags on the 2012 Ram.

Brace Bracket- # F5758
Replacement Bracket- # F5757
Replacement Lower Bracket - # F5370
Replacement axle clamp- # F5181
Replacement Bail Clamp- # F3292
new hardware- # FA21-760-2299

You can reuse the heat shield. You may need new air tubing if yours is starting to wear. You can use part # F9416. If you decide to just replace the whole kit including the air bags, you can use part # F2299.

click to enlarge
expert reply by:
Heather A

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>