2 Inch Trailer Hitch Receiver for 2015 Ram 2500 With Factory Trailer Hitch
I have a 2015 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 that has a factory Class V hitch on it. I do not tow on a regular basis, but do use a rather heavy 4 bike Recon Rack MTB bike rack a lot. The 2 1/2 inch opening is a pain to use with the 2 inch bike rack and Id like to go with a 2 inch sized opening hitch. Im not a fan of adding a hitch below the factory hitch and prefer the clean look of a single hitch, what are my options?
asked by: Marty R
I can definitely understand not wanting the look of two hitch receiver openings on your 2015 Ram 2500. The issue is that some hitch receivers are fully or even partially welded on, so there is no guarantee that one can be removed. So because of that I recommend a hitch that is designed to fit under your factory hitch, the Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver # C15409.
This is a 2" hitch receiver that sits below your Ram's factory receiver, which is going to make it a bit easier to get your heavy bike on the rack.
I have added a link to a video install as well of the Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver # C15409.
Featured Help Information
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: Will Class V Trailer Hitch fit 2019 Ram 2500 Without Needing to Remove Factory Hitch
- Q&A: Recommendation To Replace Damaged Factory Hitch on 2012 Ram 2500
- Q&A: Capacity of Shocker Hitch XRC Ball Mount With 2-5/16" Hitch Ball SHK94RR
- Q&A: Water Heater To Replace Atwood Gc6aa/10E
- Q&A: Recommended Replacement For An Atwood GC6AA-10E Water Heater
- Q&A: What is Max Drop with Curt Short Arm Weight Distribution System
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Q&A: Frequent Trailer Tire Blowouts and Dry Rot on a Tandem Axle Boat Trailer
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Article: 2023 Best Gifts for RVers & Campers
- Article: Determining Trailer Tongue Weight
- Article: Trailer Hitch Receiver Sizes
- Article: Trailer Hitch Installation Tips