Hose Length in a Derale Remote Engine Oil Cooler and How Far from the Engine Can it be Mounted
I have a 1995 F150 4x4 4.9 liter 5 speed manual. I was thinking about installing a remote oil filter and remote oil cooler with the integral fan.The engine compartment is already crowded enough so I was thinking of a better location for the cooler.How far from the engine can the cooler be mounted without affecting oil flow and pressure?
asked by: Chris B
An engine oil cooler with fan, like # D15450, has a 10 foot OEM spec hose. Provided that you are within the range of the hose you should not see any significant change in oil pressure or flow when using this kit. Because this system has its own fan, it can be mounted anywhere that you have space in the engine compartment.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Engine Oil Coolers
- Plate-Fin Cooler
- Class V
- 12-3/4W x 9-3/8T x 4-5/16D Inch
- With - 8 AN Inlets
more information >
- Q&A: Recommended Transmission Cooler And Oil Cooler For 2013 Ford F-150 EcoBoost 3.5L V6
- Q&A: Where Can Derale Transmission Cooler be Installed on 2016 Ford F-150
- Q&A: Towing Capacity of 2017 Toyota Sienna LE with Tow Package
- Q&A: Upgraded Suspension and Towing Package for a 2017 Sienna XLE
- Q&A: Oil Filter Location on the Stacked-Plate Engine Oil Cooler Kit with Spin-On Adapter, # D15651
- Article: Frequently Asked Questions About Transmission Coolers
- Q&A: Comparing Plate Fin Oil Cooler With Fan Remote Cooler For a 2011 Ford F-150 With 3.5L EcoBoost
- Q&A: Furrion Vision S Camera Issue Fix For A 2022 GMC Sierra 2500
- Article: RV Cell Boosters, How Do They Work?
- Article: Engine Oil Coolers
- Article: How Many Batteries Do You Need to Run RV Air Conditioner?
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit