bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Can a Hitch Adapter be Used to Convert 1-1/4 Inch Hitch to 2 Inch Hitch on 2006 Ford Taurus  


I have a 2006 Ford Taurus. I can only find a 1 1/4 receiver hitch. can I put a 2 extension on it. if so, will that be legal for my type of vehicle. Thank you for your time


Expert Reply:

You can use a hitch adapter like part # HTAD on your 2006 Taurus and it won't be illegal but you do need to pay attention that you aren't going over the weight capacities. Using an adapter lowers your hitch's capacity by 50 percent.

For the hitch I recommend part # C12232. Curt hitches have a thicker powder coat on them compared to others. Then you can use the adapter.

We may have another option for you if you can tell me what you plan to use the hitch for.

expert reply by:
Charles S

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>