Best Trailer Hitch for Using the Thule Parkway Bike Rack on a 2016 Subaru Forester
Hello, I am looking to buy a receiver for a Thule Parkway 4 bike rack. Is this a good choice? C13144 Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver - Custom Fit - Class III - 2 - C13144 Or is there another you would recommend? Thanks so much
asked by: Louanne L
The Curt Trailer Hitch # C13144 is a great option to pair with the Thule Parkway 4 bike rack! I think it looks great installed and you'll have more than enough clearance for the bike rack to fit. I have attached an installation video of this hitch on a 2017 Forester that you can check out.
The only other hitch that I'd recommend going with over this is the Curt # CU64FR but that's just because it has a hidden crosstube that looks a bit more clean since all you can see is the receiver.
Installation instructions have been added for each that you can check out.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Trailer Hitch
- Custom Fit Hitch
- Class III
- 525 lbs TW
- 3500 lbs GTW
- 2 Inch Hitch
- Concealed Cross Tube
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Article: How to Correct Noise from Exhaust Rattling Against a Trailer Hitch
- Q&A: Trailer Hitch that Fits 2017 Subaru Forester XT with Dual Exhaust
- Q&A: Recommended Trailer Hitch for 2018 Subaru Forester
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Q&A: Do Trailer Tires and Wheels Need to be Balanced
- Article: Rooftop Cargo Carriers
- Q&A: Trimming Around Heat Shield to Install Hitch on 2017 Subaru Forester
- Article: Ball Mount Basics: Weight Capacity, Class, and Size
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Q&A: Does the Heat Shield of a 2015 Subaru Forester Need to Get Removed to Install Trailer Hitch
- Q&A: Is there a Longer Locking Arm for a T2 Bike Rack to Load Bikes with 29 Inch Tires
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams