bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Converting 7-Way on Motorhome to Roadmaster Diode Kit 4-Pole on Flat Towed 2012 Ford F150


7 pin plug out of mh. 4 plug on truck?


Expert Reply:

To convert the 7-way on your motorhome to work with the 4-pole plug of the Roadmaster Diode Kit you referenced, you have a couple of options.

You could use an adapter like # PK12716 that would plug into the 7-way on your motorhome. You could then plug the umbilical from the towed vehicle into the adapter. This would be a good option if you were not planning on towing frequently.

Another option would be to remove the 4-pole flat connector on the truck, and replace it with a 4-pin round connector included with the # RM-164-7 kit. This would be the way to go if you will be towing more often. There would be one less connection point (or possible failure point) between the motorhome and your truck.

expert reply by:
Mike L

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>