Trailer Hitch Recommendation for 2017 Kia Soul for Yakima Ridgeback
I own a 2017 Kia Soul+. I own a Yakima Ridgeback bike rack. Is the Draw-Tite 24915 the best hitch for to put the Ridgeback on my Soul? Does the receiver extend far enough? Thanks!
asked by: Jordan S
The Yakima Ridgeback # Y02457 needs a Class II or higher hitch to fit so the Draw Tite you mentioned wouldn't work but the EcoHitch part # 306-X7326 will. A Class II only accessory like your bike rack actually won't even slide into a Class I hitch due to a weld stop in the hitch tube. The EchoHitch won't have that issue and would easily have the clearance needed for the rack to fit as well.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Trailer Hitch
- Custom Fit Hitch
- Class II
- 300 lbs TW
- 2000 lbs GTW
- 2 Inch Hitch
- Concealed Cross Tube
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Can Bikes with Fender Fit on RockyMounts AfterParty Swing Away Bike Rack
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between Class 1 and Class 2 Hitches for the Scion XB
- Q&A: How Much Assembly Is Required for the Thule Camber 2 Bike Rack
- Q&A: Using Class II Accessories on a Class I Hitch
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: How Much Does the Kuat Transfer V2 Weigh?
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Article: Rolling on a Budget: Top Wallet-Friendly Platform Bike Racks
- Q&A: What is the Best Hitch for a 2024 Hyundai Tucson?
- Article: How to Carry Bikes While Towing a Travel Trailer
- Article: Carrying Bikes While Towing a 5th Wheel Camper Trailer
- Article: What is an RV-Approved Bike Rack? (And Do You REALLY Need One?)
- Article: Trailer Hitch Receiver Sizes
- Article: Best RV Roof Vents