Solution for Trailer Hitch Install Bolts that Dont Want to Thread In
What bolt and thread count are used to mount this hitch? C13563. I tried to install but the bolts were not tightening, any suggestions on how to get the bolts in
asked by: Felix
What you are experiencing is pretty common as the weld nuts on vehicles where hitches install get dirty easily which prevents the hitch hardware from threading in properly. I have included a few links on hitch installation tips, cleaning weld nuts, and a video on cleaning weld nuts for you but basically you need to clean the weld nuts and the correct hardware that you have will thread right in. In most cases going with an M12 X 1.25 thread tap is the easiest and most efficient solution.
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: Will the Trailer Hitch for a 2004 Nissan Quest Fit Other Vehicles
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: Brake Controller Installation: Starting from Scratch
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Q&A: Recommended Trailer Hitch for 2004 Nissan Frontier
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II Trailer Hitch and Class III Trailer Hitch
- Q&A: Towing Capacity of 2012 Chevy Traverse with Factory Tow Package