bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Does an RV Need a Trailer Wiring Converter to Use a Bulb and Socket Light Kit on 2004 Jeep Wrangler


I am planning to install the RM-155 in my 2004 Jeep Wrangler X combined signal and brake lights to tow behind my motorhome, will I still need to install the converter in my motorhome as it has separate lights for turn signal and brakes.


Expert Reply:

The Roadmaster bulb and socket kit # RM-155 requires a 4-Way trailer connector on the towing vehicle to power the bulbs. If your RV has a 4-Way already (or another common connector) then the signals are already converted and all you will have to do is install the bulbs and connect to the RV to power the lights.

If the RV does not have a trailer connector then you will need to install one using a converter like # 119178KIT. I have linked isntructions for you to view.

If the RV has a different type of connector then the signals are converted and you can use an adapter to be able to plug in the RM-155.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>