bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Parts Needed To Install Rhino-Rack Roof Rack System On 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee With Flush Rails


I want to make sure this system will fit my 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee with factory installed black and chrome track flush mounted. Thank you


Helpful Expert Reply:

You are correct! You need the Rhino-Rack Vortex Aero Crossbars - Aluminum - Silver - 49" Long - Qty 2 # RRVA126S-2 along with the RCL Legs for Rhino-Rack Crossbars and Pioneer Platforms - Fixed Mounting Points - Qty 4 # RRRCL4 but there is one more thing you need and that is the Custom RCP Fit Kit for 4 Rhino-Rack RC and RV Series Roof Rack Legs - Fixed Mounting Points # RRRCP27-BK.

Depending on what you plan on doing with your new roof rack, here are some suggestions to products I use here at etrailer. The Thule Canyon XT Roof Cargo Basket - Steel - 69" x 40" x 6" - 150 lbs, Item # TH859XT-8591XT would look great on the roof! You can use it with or without the extension depending on your needs at any time.

Our J-Style Kayak Carrier - Folding - Universal Mount Item # e98878 would be great for carrying a kayak around! If you own a kayak this carrier is a great option because it has the ability to fold down when not in use but its also super easy to put on and take off. It comes with all the tie downs you need to which is a plus!

For longer trips you should grab our Cargo Bag w/ Mounting Straps - Water Resistant - 20 cu ft - 59" x 24" x 24" Item # 988501 because if you had cargo on the roof you don't want it to get wet and or collect bugs if you're on the road for a long time. It resists water pretty well! I actually took this thing through a high pressure automated car wash to test and see how well it performed and no water got into the bag. So be confident putting some more water sensitive items in the bag because in my experience it keeps water out even at high pressure.

helpful expert reply by:
Adam E

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>