Which Fuses Need Pulled On a 2012 Honda CR-V Before Being Towed
Some of your answers and questions from your customers indicate there are two fuses that need to be pulled. Further research by me indicate this may be fuses #19 ACC and #20 ACC Key Lock. My 2012 CR-V manual only mentions one fuse and they refer to it as the ACC Radio Fuse which is not listed on the fuse block. The manual does not say #19 nor #20. So, can you make this more confusing? I doubt it so I hope you can clarify. Further info: I tried pulling the fuses without knowing for sure which one to pull. I believe I pulled #20 and the GPS was still on - not what I expected. So I tried to put it back and at the moment I am not sure I put it back - it may have fallen while trying. I then pulled #19 and the GPS went off. With fuse pulled battery was not dead after a long tow. Good! I put the fuse back and now notice #20 is missing. I cannot determine what fuse #20 is for except from its cryptic description ACC Key Lock - whatever that means. and this means I towed with both fuses removed. Now I am not sure if #20 needs to be replaced or is even needed during regular use.
asked by: Lou R
I took a look in the owner's manual for a 2012 Honda CR-V and it states that if you will be towing for more than 8 hours in a day you will need to remove the 7.5 amp accessory radio fuse and 7.5 amp accessory key lock fuse. These fuses should both be labeled with the prefix "ACC". If you need help locating them there is a chart on page 256 of the owner's manual. The Roadmaster FuseMaster Fuse Bypass Switch for Towed Vehicle part # RM76512 will be needed to pull the fuses.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Troubleshooting A Dead Towed Vehicle Battery While Using The Blue Ox Patriot Braking System
- Fuse Bypasses for Flat Tow Wiring on 2011 Chevy Cruze
- Will 2-Fuse Bypass Still Operate for Single-Fuse Application
- Availability of 4-Pin Roadmaster FuseMaster Fuse Bypass
- Pulling Fuses to Flat Tow 2019 Chevy Sonic with Keyless Entry
- Fuse Bypass Switch Recommendation for 2018 Chevy Sonic being Flat Towed
- Fuse Bypass Switch Recommendation for a 2014 Honda CR-V
- Recommended FuseMaster Switch for Fuses of 2012 Chevy Cruze when Flat Towed
- Which Fuse Needs to be Pulled to Flat Tow a 2013 Honda CR-V Behind a Motor Home
- Ignition and Shifting Procedure for Towing a 2014 Honda CR-V Behind an RV
- Fuse Bypass Recommendation for a 2013 Honda CR-V for Flat Towing
- Is the Fuse Bypass Still Needed On a 2012 Honda CR-V If Battery Charge Line Is Installed
- Which Bypass Switch Do I Need to Flat Tow 2017 Chevy Cruze
- Do Fuses of Honda CR-V Need to Still be Pulled When Flat Towing if Battery Charger is Used
- Which Roadmaster Fuse Bypass is Recommended for 2014 Honda CR-V
- Fuse Bypass For 2014 Honda CRV Flat Tow
- Complete Flat Towing Setup And Fuse Bypass Kit For A 2018 Buick Envision?
- What Is The Process For Prepping a 2020 Buick Envision To Be Flat Towed?
- Troubleshooting Installation of Roadmaster FuseMaster Bypass On 2019 Buick Envision
- Putting Transmission in Park for Flat Towing a 2019 Buick Envision
- Battery Draining When Flat Towing a 2014 Ford Explorer Behind a Motor Home
- What Fuses Need to be Pulled to Flat Tow a 2017 Buick Envision
- Flat Tow Prep Needed For A 2020 Buick Envision
- Why Is There A Dinging Noise Even After Pulling Fuses To Flat Tow A 2020 Buick Envision
- Fuse Bypasses for Flat Towing a 2013 Honda CR-V Behind a Motor Home
- Unlocking Steering Wheel of 2019 Buick Envision to Flat Tow it
- Battery Drains While Flat Towing 2011 Ford Edge
- Which Fuses Need to Be Removed to Flat Tow 2011 Cadillac SRX
- Cold Side Brake Switch Wire Location and Tow Bar Wiring for a 2013 Ford Explorer V6 with LED Lights