bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Will Offset Convert-A-Ball Cushioned 5th-Wheel-to-Gooseneck Adapter Work in Recessed Flatbed


will this work on a 2005 Ford F 350 with a flatbed recessed gooseneck hitch, it looks like it could bottom out on the bed or hit the sidewalls of the recess. if the offset is 7-1/2 inch what would the total width be ?


Expert Reply:

You may be able to use the Convert-A-Ball Cushioned 5th-Wheel-to-Gooseneck Adapter with Offset # CAB-C5GX1216 on your 2005 Ford F-350 with a recessed gooseneck ball, depending on the size of the cut out. The Convert-A-Ball measures approximately 4 inches tall from the bottom of the coupler up to the offset arm, as well as 7-1/4 inches from side-to-side and 5-1/2 inches front to back.

It also requires a measurement from the top of the hitch ball in the truck bed to the base of the pin box on the trailer; this measurement needs to be 12 inches to 16 inches. I have added a link to a video review as well of the Convert-A-Ball Cushioned 5th-Wheel-to-Gooseneck Adapter with Offset # CAB-C5GX1216.

A better option I recommend checking out may be the Demco Recon Gooseneck-to-5th Wheel Trailer Hitch Adapter for Recessed Ball # DM8550046.

This will give you an easy to use 5th wheel hitch adapter and the only measurement you need to take is how close the gooseneck ball is to the top of the bed. The Recon will work so long as the top of the gooseneck ball is 13/16" or closer to the top of the truck bed.

expert reply by:
Kyle S

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>