Will The Anti Rattle Bolt Fit In A 2.5 Inch Hitch?
The receiver on my Ram 2500 is 2.5 inches. It has an adapter sleeve for 2 inch mounts. Will the anti rattle bolt be long enough for my 2.5 inch receiver? Or do I need to purchase a longer bolt? Thanks.
asked by: PJ R
There is some wiggle room with the bolt used on the Saris Freedom 4 Bike Rack # SA4414B as you can see in the picture I've included. You can use the bolt with a clip like Curt's # C21600 instead of the locking end cap to gain a little more room if need be but that won't be necessary. I like the Saris Freedom 4 and have used it a decent amount so I've included a video for you to get a closer look!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Hitch Pins and Clips
- Standard Hitch Clip
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Comparing the Saris Freedom and Yakima HoldUp 4 Bike Platform Racks
- Q&A: What Is the Per-Bike Rating of the Kuat NV 2.0 For A Class I or II Hitch?
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Families with Kids (2023)
- Q&A: Bike Rack Recommendation for 4 Bikes on a 2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
- Q&A: Best Bike Rack for a Mountain Bike, Kids Bike, Carbon Fiber Bike, and Step-Through Womens Bike
- Q&A: Weight Capacity of Saris Freedom 4 Bike Rack # SA4414B
- Q&A: Platform Bike Rack Recommendation with Great Ground Clearance
- Q&A: How Far Out Does Saris Freedom Bike Rack for Fat Bikes Extend
- Article: Rolling on a Budget: Top Wallet-Friendly Platform Bike Racks
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Recumbent Bikes (2023)
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Article: Ram Trailer Tow Prep Package
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack for a Motor Home or RV