bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Recommended Adapter to Convert a 7-Round to a 7-Flat Trailer Connector


Do you have, or know of a converter box or cable adapter that will plug into the 7 pin round fixed connector female that is attached to the semi cab and operate the lights on a goose-neck trailer with RV style male plug and wiring? The need for this and application is: The Florida Baptist Disaster Relief operate a semi to pull some of our trailers, very large kitchen unit and box trailers. We also have a number of goose-neck trailers and 4500 also 5500 rated trucks pulling them. We would like to pull some of the goose-neck units like a, 6 unit shower trailer or flat-bed goose-neck equipment with the semi. Your help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. especially as we are preparing to deploy in response to Hurricane Laura


Helpful Expert Reply:

We have you covered. Using the Hopkins Trailer Connector Adapter part # HM47425 will allow you to plug into your 7-Round then plug the goosenecks directly into it. This will convert the signals and give you the appropriate wiring needed.

Check out the video I linked for you on the adapter.

helpful expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>