Recommended Curt Fifth Wheel Rails for My 2017 Ram 2500
Will this fit my 2017 ram 2500? And does it require drilling?
asked by: Aaron
I have a solution but the Curt Custom Fifth Wheel Installation Kit for Dodge Ram part # C16411-204 is not a fit for your 2017 Ram 2500.
Instead the Curt Custom Fifth Wheel Installation Kit for Ram Truck part # C16427-204 is the correct fitment for your truck.
This will require you to drill 5 hole through your bed for each of the two rails. This is very common in above bed rails. The frame brackets do not require you to drill any holes as it uses holes already existing in the frame. I have linked a video for you on the installation process to checkout.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Fifth Wheel Installation Kit
- Above the Bed
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: Ram Trailer Tow Prep Package
- Q&A: Does Truck with 6-1/2 ft bed Have to Use Slider Hitch for Turning Clearance with Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Article: 4 Steps to Choosing Your 5th Wheel Pin Box
- Q&A: Do Holes in the Frame of a 2016 Chevy Silverado 3500 get Used for Install of Fifth Wheel Rails
- Q&A: Best 5th Wheel Hitch That Works With The Lippert Turning Point Pin Box
- Article: Gooseneck to 5th Wheel Adapters
- Q&A: Will B&W Companion Slider Base For Ford Fuper Duty Puck System Fit B&W Companion Head For Chevy
- Q&A: Is the Reese Elite Puck System for Chevy the Same Exact Configuration as the OEM GM Puck System?
- Q&A: Recommended 5th Wheel Rail Kit for a 2024 Chevy Silverado 2500
- Q&A: Do The TorkLift Camper Tie-Downs From A 2022 Ford F-350 Fit A 2023 Ford F-350
- Article: Sidewinder with Rotating Turret for Short Bed Pickups
- Article: 5th Wheel Hitch Installation | The Ultimate DIY Guide
- Article: Fifth Wheel Trailer Hitch Information and Installation Tips
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)