bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

5th Wheel Hitch Compatible With Firestone Air Bags on 2002 Ford F-350


I have a 2002 Ford F-350 DRW with firestone airbags mounted inside of the frame. Can I still mount a fifth wheel receiver on my truck?


Expert Reply:

The Firestone Ride-Rite air bags that fit your 2002 Ford F-350 are the Firestone Ride-Rite Air Helper Springs # F2550, and according to the manufacturer, these ARE compatible with an in-bed hitch, so you can definitely add a 5th wheel hitch to your truck.

For that you will first need to add base rails, and the best option for that is the Demco Hijacker Premier Series Above-Bed Base Rails and Custom Installation Kit for 5th Wheel Hitches # DM8552006-71.

The reason for that is the install kit does not require drilling into the frame of your F-350 to install, unlike other base rail options. These are a more premium kit though so if you don't mind drilling into your truck's frame, there is a universal option, the Reese Universal Base Rails and Installation Kit for 5th Wheel Trailer Hitches # RP30035.

Then for a 5th wheel hitch, I highly recommend the Demco Hijacker Premier Series 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch because of its single-piece jaw which is reinforced via a locking bar for a connection with your king pin that ensures minimal rattle and chucking. This hitch will give you a more comfortable, enjoyable towing experience than similar hitches with lesser jaw systems. The correct one will depend on if you have a short bed or long bed.

- - Long Bed: Demco Hijacker Premier Series Double Pivot 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch # DM6076P-16K

- Short Bed: Demco Hijacker Premier Series Ultra Slide 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch with Slider # DM6076P-UL-16K

Additionally, if you need a 5th wheel wiring harness the correct part is the Demco 5th Wheel/Gooseneck 90-Degree Wiring Harness # DM8555002.

I have added links below to some video reviews for you to check out as well.

expert reply by:
Kyle S

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>