Ebike Rack for 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Travel Trailer with a 2-inch Hitch
I want a 2inch hitch mount rack for both my 2020 Grand Cherokee and my new RV pull behind 21 foot trailer that will carry two e bikes, one with fenders one without fenders. We will use the carrier equally between the two vehicles. Every time I think I have the right rack I fond a glitch. Can you help me identify one or two to choose from? My Jayco Baha 21 foot trailer is a pull behind The bumper is only capable of 150 # so I will be placing a frame mounted trailer hitch on if needed.
asked by: Steven W
I recommend the Swagman E-Spec Electric Bike Rack, part # S94FR. It fits 2" hitches and has a weight capacity of 70 pounds per bike.
This platform rack is made for ebikes and utilizes a frame mount, so it won't interfere with your bike's fenders at all. It's also compatible for travel trailers, so it will work for both of your uses. I've linked to a video review of this rack on a 2017 Grand Cherokee.
This will require a hitch mounted to your Jayco Baha. I recommend the Curt Adjustable Trailer Hitch, part # C13702. This can be adjusted to various widths and bolted or welded on, giving you plenty of options for mounting it to your trailer. It also meets the specifications to carry the E-Spec rack. I've linked to a video review of this hitch.
If, for whatever reason, the E-Spec rack does not suit your needs (like the weight or frame style of your ebikes), let me know. I can help you find another rack if need be.
Products Referenced in This Question
- RV and Camper Hitch
- Frame Mount Hitch
- 18 - 51 Inch Wide Frame
- 500 lbs TW
- 5000 lbs GTW
- 2 Inch Hitch
more information >
- Hitch Bike Racks
- Platform Rack
- Folding Rack
- Frame Mount
- Bike and Hitch Lock
- 2 Bikes
- Class 3
- Fits 2 Inch Hitch
- Electric Bikes
- Heavy Bikes
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes
- Q&A: Can a 2019 Chevrolet Spark Carry 2 E-Bikes Using a Hitch Mounted Bike Rack?
- Q&A: Difference Between Swagman E-Bike Racks Current and E-Spec
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: How to Choose a Hitch-Mounted Bike Rack
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack for a Motor Home or RV
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Fat Bikes
- Article: What is an RV-Approved Bike Rack? (And Do You REALLY Need One?)
- Q&A: E-Bike Rack Recommendation for Lectric XP Step Thru Bike at Rear of RV
- Q&A: Best Bike Rack for E-Bikes with Fenders Step Through Frame and 1-1/4 inch Hitch
- Q&A: Recommended Bike Rack For Carrying Two 65LB E-Bikes Behind a Truck and Travel Trailer
- Q&A: Availability of a 2" Trailer Hitch Receiver For a 2020 Honda Fit
- Article: How to Carry Bikes While Towing a Travel Trailer