bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Canoe Carrier for Roof Rack With Square Crossbars for Mounting Canoe Gunwale Down  


I am looking for the small roof rack stops that keep a canoe from moving around on the roof rack. I cant seem to find them on your web site, because I dont know where to look or what they are called. They have a raised edge that the gunwale of the canoe sits against when the canoe is mounted gunwale down, that prevents the canoe from slipping off the end of the rack bar, or moving around. I would add a picture except I dont have the part to photograph. Can you help with the name of the part for a square bar, and where to find it on your web site.


Expert Reply:

We have exactly what you are looking for, which is just called a canoe carrier, and they do have the raised edge that supports the canoe when it is mounted gunwale down. The two options are from Thule and Yakima, which produce the highest-quality carriers, and both will work perfectly on your square crossbars.

The two carriers that will work for you are the following:

- Thule Portage Canoe Carrier with Tie-Downs - Gunwale Brackets # TH819

- Yakima KeelOver Rooftop Canoe Carrier with Tie-Downs # Y04069

Both carries come with tie-down straps but if you need an anchor point that is easily accessible on your vehicle I do recommend adding the Anchor Straps # RRRBAS-2.

expert reply by:
Kyle S

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>