Alternative Instructions for 2016 BMW 2016 X5 Hybrid
The videos demonstrate a 2015 X5 and a 2017 X5, but are there any different steps for a 2016 X5 e40 hybrid?
asked by: Randy E
The Tekonsha ZCI Wiring Harness # 119250KIT is so popular because it is a universal kit that will fit and work with most any vehicle, and do so without any wire cutting or splicing. The videos only offer suggested routing for your wires. Your battery pack under the rear cargo deck may mean that you will need to choose a different location for your wires. The only instructions are those that came with your kit.
As in the 2015 installation video, I would start with the rear access panel and connect to the drivers side rear lights wiring. You will find it easy to run a wire over to the car starter battery under the rear cargo deck. Your only challenge will be finding a path to run your wires to the passenger side rear lights. I think you will still be able to tuck them in along the rear edge of the lithium battery compartment. In the worst case scenario you could drill through to the bottom of the car and run beneath the car and punch back up at the passenger side lighting compartment.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- 4-Way Flat Vehicle Wiring Harness For a 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
- Is Any Drilling Into The Frame Needed to Install Trailer Hitch on 2023 Lexus RX 350
- Trailer Wiring Harness Recommendation for 2022 Tesla Model Y
- Will a Wiring Harness From a Tesla Model Y Also Fit a Model 3?
- Recommended Trailer Wiring Harness for a 2023 Chevy Bolt EV
- Trailer Wiring Kit Recommendation for a 2023 Volkswagen Tiguan
- Does ZCI Wiring Harness Work on 2022 Audi Q7 Mild Hybrid 48 Volt
- Trailer Hitch Receiver & Brake Controller For 2023 Mercedes-Benz Metris
- Trailer Wiring and Hitch for 2018 BMW i3
- Installation Help Video For Installing Tekonsha 4-Way Wiring # 119250KIT On a 2006 Mercedes E-Class
- 5-Way Wiring Harness For 2017 Audi Q7.
- Will ZCI Wiring Harness Work with 2023 Chevy Bolt EV
- Solution for Trailer Wiring on Vehicle That wont Work But Vehicle Taillights Do After Troubleshoot
- Recommended Trailer Wiring Harness For A 2020 Audi Q3
- What Trailer Wiring Harness Should be Used for a 2004 BMW X3
- Hitch Receiver for a 2018 Tesla Model 3
- How to Install a 7-Way Wiring Harness on 2013 Lexus RX 350 for Powered Bike Rack
- Installing A Brake Controller On A 2018 Chevrolet LCF 5500 XD
- Can the Tekonsha Zero Contact Wiring Kit # 119250KIT be Installed on a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- 7-Way Recommendation for Vehicle with Separate Turn Signals and No Trailer Wiring
- Trailer Wiring Harness Recommendation for 2015 Golf SportWagen TDI Sportwagen TDI
- Recommended Wiring Harness for Most Vehicles Without a Custom Fit Wiring Harness Available
- Trailer Wiring Harness Recommendation for a 2014 Volkswagen Passat
- Recommended Trailer Wiring Harness for a 2016 Volkswagen Golf R
- Will Curt Class l Hitch Fit 2005 Or 2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class CDI Sedan
- 2023 Tesla Model Y Correct Trailer Wiring Harness
- Is There a Trailer Wiring Harness Option for a 2013 Chevy Volt
- Correct Trailer Wiring Harness For 2023 Tesla Model 3
- 4-Way Trailer Wiring Harness Recommendation for 2015 Nissan Armada SV