bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Recommended Adapter to Use 1-1/4 Inch Hitch Accessories in 2 inch Hitch Receiver


Do you sell a 1 1/4inch adapter for the 2 inch receiver tube?


Expert Reply:

If you have the Curt Class III hitch, part # C13119 which is a fit for the 2012-2016 Honda CR-V and you're needing a reducer so you can use an accessory meant for a 1-1/4 inch receiver, we do offer hitch reducers that can make that happen for you.

In some cases, a reducer will also provide some extension, thus increasing the distance between the vehicle hitch and the hitch mounted accessory, such as the Curt # C45770. Because that distance is increased, the capacity (both towing and tongue weight) of the hitch is reduced by half. If the total weight of the hitch mounted accessory and whatever is carried on it is less than half the 350 lb rated tongue weight capacity of the Curt # C13119, then the # C45770 reducer would work perfectly for you. You'll just need a # PC3 hitch pin, and you'd be good to go.

If however your hitch mounted accessory weighs more than 175 lbs (half the hitch tongue weight capacity), you'll want to go with a sleeve type adapter which would NOT reduce the hitch capacity like the # HT02 from Brophy. This reducer includes the hitch pin.

expert reply by:
Mike L

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>