Can I Use Camper Steps For My Boat?
Is the ladder removable from the bracket? I would like to use this on a boat and do not want it permanently installed. Thank you-
asked by: Lee C
The only thing that will be perminatley installed when using the Brophy Camper Scissor Steps # AS24 is the bracket that connects to the top of the steps. This only requires 4 screws and is not that big of a bracket. These steps are intended for use with a camper or at least with something that will allow the bottom step to rest on the ground. I do not see this working that well with your boat.
I remember getting up on ladders on a pontoon and the ladder always want to slide under the boat. This is going to be the case with these steps too. Either the top bar on the steps is going to bend of the retaining clips on the bracket. Both will give under pressure, just not sure which one will first.
I recommend getting something like this Sliding Under Platform Boat Ladder # 315-FOG3 because it's meant to be used with a boat, it will be able to handle the weight and can collapse into itself. So, you won't really see it until it's time to use it. This ladder is not near as bulky as the Brophy Camper Steps and you will not have to find a place to store them when its not in use.
Check out the videos I've included so you can see where I see issues with the camper steps vs the boat ladder.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Boat Ladders
- Pontoon Boat Ladder
- 34-1/2 Inch Tall
- 3 Steps
- Stainless Steel
- Jif Marine
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Comparing The Brophy # AS24 And Torklift # TLA7844 For Truck Bed Camper With Limited Mounting Space
- How To Determine If The Brophy Camper Scissor Steps # AS24 Will Fit A Truck Bed Camper
- Mounting Bracket Dimensions of Brophy Camper Scissor Steps # AS24
- Weight Limit for the Aluminum Scissor Steps # AS24
- What is the Actual Weight of the Brophy Camper Scissor Steps # AS24
- Closed Dimensions of Brophy Camper Scissor Steps AS24
- Step Recommendation for Rear of Truck Camper that Can be Removed for Hitch Access
- Mounting Bracket Dimensions for the Scissor Steps part # AS24
- Mounting and Depth Dimensions of the Brophy Aluminum Scissor Steps # AS24
- Mounting Bracket Dimensions for Brophy Camper Scissor Steps # AS24
- Folded Up Dimensions of Brophy Camper Scissor Steps AS24
- Scissor Steps for a 2001 Fifth Wheel Camper
- How Much Does Brophy Camper Scissor Steps # AS24 Weigh
- Do Brophy RV Scissor Steps Need To Be Fully Extended To Work
- Availability of Scissor Steps That Mount Underneath the Camper
- Scissor Step Recommendation for Truck Camper that is 36 inches off the Ground
- Comparing Camper Scissor Steps Brophy AS24 vs. Torklift TLA7804
- Availability of Folding Scissor Steps for 120-Inch Wide x 78-Inch Tall Trailer Door Opening
- Aluminum Scissor Steps and Hand Rail Measurements
- Step Recommendation for 39 inch Tall Porch on a Fifth Wheel Trailer
- What is the Distance from One Step to the Next for Brophy Aluminum Scissor Steps, # AS24
- Does Brophy Scissor Step Mount Permanently to Rear of Camper
- Can the Brophy Aluminum Scissor Steps # AS24 Be Installed on a Tailgate
- 4-Step Scissor Stairs for a Lance Camper in the Back of a Truck
- Can Brophy Camper Scissor Steps # AS24 Fit 2021 Palomino HS2902
- Are Brophy Aluminum RV Scissor Steps # AS24 Study Enough for Senior Citizens