How to Determine if 2015 Ford Edge Can Open Rear Hatch With Yakima SkyBox NX 16 Cargo Box Installed
Can you fully open the hatch on a 2015 Ford Edge with the 16CF installed?
asked by: Matt P
While we haven't tested it to know for sure, I can tell you how to determine if the hatch on your 2015 Ford Edge will be able to open when you have on the Yakima SkyBox NX 16 Roof Cargo Box # Y95AV.
All you need to do is measure from the center of the front crossbar on your Ford to the edge of the hatch. If that measurement is at least 47 inches you will be able to open the rear hatch of your '15 Ford Edge when you have the Yakima SkyBox NX 16 Roof Cargo Box # Y95AV installed.
Featured Help Information
- Article: Rooftop Cargo Carriers
- Q&A: Recommended Roof Rack and Cargo Box For a 2023 Kia Telluride SX X-Pro With Factory Raised Rails
- Q&A: Does the Height Dimension of the Yakima SkyBox NX 16 Include the Mounting Hardware
- Q&A: Will Yakima SkyBox NX 16 Fit OEM Crossbars on 2020 Toyota Highlander
- Q&A: Recommended Lock For A Demco 2-5/16" EZ Latch Coupler
- Q&A: Recommended Ladder Rack for a 2021 Ram 3500 w/ a 6-1/2' Bed and Folding Tonneau Cover
- Q&A: Picking Between Yakima NX16 and 18 for Toyota Highlander
- Q&A: Availability of Yakima 8000164 Timberline Towers
- Article: Which Roof Rack Fits Your Vehicle? Depends on Your Roof
- Article: Steel vs. Aluminum Ball Mounts
- Article: How to Charge a Trailer Battery While Driving: 3 Common Problems (And How to Fix Them)
- Article: What is Boondocking
- Article: Roof Rack Information
- Article: Which Hitches are Made in the USA