bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Fifth Wheel-to-Gooseneck Adapter For 2002 Dodge Ram 2500


I have a 1999 patio hauler 351F with RBW 7027 5th wheel. I want to use a gooseneck adapter. Its going on a 2002 dodge 2500 with 6.5 bed. What are my options?


Expert Reply:

The best option available to you at this time is our adapter # CAB-C5GX1216. Also, from my research, you need to obtain a specific plate when using an adapter with your 7027 pin box..

I advise that while this part will meet your needs, you could have even more clearance while turning if you removed your gooseneck hitch in your truck bed and replaced it with a sliding fifth wheel hitch, such as the B&W Companion # BWRVK3400-5W and the underbed custom installation kit for your truck # BWGNRK1394-5W . This requires a bit more of an investment, but it may be well worth it down the road, and it also allows you to continue to use a turnoverball gooseneck.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>