bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Camper Tie-Downs for a 2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty with a 6-3/4 Bed and a Factory Installed Hitch


Hello, Ive got a 2006 F-350 SRW with 6.75 bed. Im trying to figure out what I need to get truck camper tie down points that would work for this vehicle. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks


Expert Reply:

It looks like your 2006 Ford F-350 with the 6-3/4' bed has no rails under the bed and a factory installed hitch. For this configuration, you have two options, depending on the hitch.

If your hitch has an open-ended crosstube, then the TorkLift set is your best option, part # TLF2007 for the front and part # TLF3004 for the rear. These tie downs do not require drilling, making them the easier installation. I've linked to video reviews of both.

If your hitch does not have an open-ended crosstube, then you need the HappiJac Tie-Down, part # LC182910-182971. This one only attaches in the rear, but requires drilling into your truck, so it's a more difficult installation. I've linked to a video review of this tie-down as well.

Keep in mind that you will need turnbuckles for either of these. I've linked to a list of our turnbuckles, but a good one for the TorkLIft is part # TLS9013, and a good one for the HappiJac is part # LC182898.

expert reply by:
Kef G

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>