Troubleshooting Running Lights of Trailer Light Install Not Functioning
I replaced the lights on my trailer with the Blazer LED kit. The previous lights were the old bulb type. With the new setup, there are 2 colored wires and 1 white wire. I connected the white wire to the trailer. and one of the wires from the harness. I connected the 2 colored wires with the other wire from the harness. The blinkers, stop lights, emergency flashers, and signals all work. But the tail lights are not. Can you help?
asked by: Tommy
Can you verify which of your trailer circuits is the running light circuit using a circuit tester like part # PTW2993 and then wire that circuit to the brown wires of your trailer light kit and then run the stop and turn circuits to the other wires of the trailer.
I attached a couple help articles for you to check out as well.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Electrical Tools
- Circuit Tester
- Performance Tool
more information >
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Q&A: How to Determine Replacement Trailer Wheel Bearing Sizes
- Q&A: The Function of the Auxiliary 12-Volt Connection on the 7-Way Trailer Connection
- Article: Most Popular Wheel Bearings
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Article: Trailer Tire Sizing
- Q&A: How to Rewire an Old Cattle Trailer
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 4-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Article: How to Measure the Bolt Pattern of a Trailer Wheel
- Q&A: Torque Spec for U-Bolts on 2K Trailer Axle with Idler Hubs - 5 on 4-1/2 Bolt Pattern - 60" Long
- Q&A: Should I Stay With 13" Wheels Or Upgrade To 14 Wheels?
- Q&A: U-Bolt Kit for Smaller Round Axle on Jet Ski Trailer
- Q&A: How to Determine Correct Replacement Slipper Springs
- Article: How to Tell the Weight Rating of a Trailer Axle