Is the Roadmaster Rollaway Trailer Hitch Protector Heavy Duty Enough for Use on a 37 Ft Motor Home
We have a 37foot MH and scrape the hitch and tailpipe backing in to our driveway. Is this hitch protector heavy duty enough to work on our MH?
asked by: J T
Yes, the Rollaway Hitch Protector, # RM-050, should be plenty heavy enough to work on your 37 foot motorhome and keep the hitch from dragging when you back into your driveway, as long as the dip you have is not so deep that it is bending the hitch receiver or side plates. If your dip is so extreme that the hitch is bending, this type of item would only make the situation worse.
To use the Rollaway Hitch Protector you will need to make sure that the support bar, see short video, is not over 1/8 inch away from the receiver opening. If there is more than 1/8 inch gap you will need to have a shim welded in to take up this space, to prevent damage to the rollaway or receiver.
A better option for your RV might be the Ultra-Fab Steel Roller, # UF48-979020. this item puts the roller under the receiver tube and also has heavy duty construction. Another thing I like about the Ultra-Fab Steel Roller is that it has a greaseable bolt to keep the roller spinning easily over time.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- RV Skid Wheels
- Hitch Mount
- Ultra-Fab Products
more information >
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Will Roadmaster Rollaway Trailer Hitch Protector # RM-050 Fit a Curt Hitch part # C13105
- Is Roadmaster Rollaway Hitch Protector # RM-050 Compatible with a Valley Trailer Hitch
- Roadmaster Rollaway Trailer Hitch Protector With Hitch That Has Chain Tabs Below Receiver
- Will Roadmaster Rollaway Skid Wheel Fit the Factory Trailer Hitch on a 2011 Honda Odyssey
- Does Roadmaster Rollaway Trailer Hitch Protector # RM-050 have a Weight Capacity
- Determining The Correct Replacement Lug Nuts For A 2021 Coachmen Chaparral 373 5th Wheel Trailer
- How To Determine Fit of the Roadmaster Rollaway
- How To Prevent Hitch from Bottoming Out on Steep Driveways
- Will Roadmaster Skid Wheel # RM-050 Prevent Scraping When Carrying Bike Rack
- Is There a Hitch Protector Roller That Will Work With the Thule EasyFold XT Bike Rack
- Best Skid Wheel For Hitch Mounted Mobility Scooter Lift
- Will Roadmaster Rollaway Trailer Hitch Protector, # RM-050, Fit a 2010 Toyota Sienna
- How to Prevent the Hitch from Scraping on a 2014 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter
- Can I Use the Roadmaster Rollaway on 1-1/4" Hitch Receiver
- Trailer Hitch and Bike Rack Scrape the Ground when Going Up Inclines with 2006 Honda Odyssey
- Fitment of the Roadmaster Rollaway Trailer Hitch Protector on 1-1/4 Hitch
- Recommended Anti-Rattle Locking Hitch Pin For Roadmaster Rollaway Trailer Hitch Protector
- Will the Roadmaster Rollaway Trailer Hitch Protector Work With a Gen Y Hitch
- Is Roadmaster Trailer Hitch Protector Compatible With Curt Hitch for 2015 Toyota Sienna
- Will Roadmaster Rollaway Trailer Hitch Protector Fit my Chrysler Town and Country 2 Inch Hitch
- Can I Use RollAway Hitch Protector RM-050 with A Reese Hitch
- Will the Roadmaster Rollaway Trailer Hitch Protector Fit on a 2 inch Hitch on a 2010 Toyota Sienna
- Will the Roadmaster Rollaway Hitch Protector Fit a Dual Hitch Receiver
- Recommended Trailer Hitch Receiver For a 2023 Kia Carnival Least Likely to Scrape on Driveway
- Recommended Skid Wheels For A 32 Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Trailer
- How To Prevent Hitch Scraping on Pavement with 2019 Toyota Sienna
- Recommended Suspension Enhancement For a 2007 Toyota Sienna That Sags When Hauling a Trailer
- Recommended Trailer Hitch with Best Ground Clearance for 2017 Dodge Challenger