Will Lift Gate Sensors Still Function After Installing Draw-Tite 36675 On 2021 Toyota RAV4
What is the tip mean that hitch interferes with lift gate sensors and function may be limited or completely lost Thanks
asked by: Jim H
The reason that tech tip regarding the lift gate sensor functionality is posted on the page for the Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch Receiver # 36675 and the other two hitches available for your 2021 Toyota RAV4 is due to where the lift gate sensors are installed. With a hitch installed the lift gate sensors will be partially blocked, but when we reached out to Draw-Tite about this issue they mentioned that they were still able to retain the function of the sensors during their testing.
The easiest way to use the lift gate function with the # 36675 installed is to move your feet on either side of the receiver until you find the sweet spot. Once you know where to place your foot you will remember that location and it will be come second nature again.
If you can tell me what you are planning on using your trailer hitch receiver for I would be happy to recommend the best products to fit your needs.
I included a video of the Draw-Tite # 36675 being installed on a 2020 RAV4 for you to take a look at.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Difference Between Installation Difficulty of Curt and Draw-Tite Class II Hitch for 2021 Toyota RAV4
- Is There A 1-1/4" Hitch Available For The 2019 Toyota Rav4 For A Bike Rack
- Will Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch Receiver Install On 2021 Toyota RAV4 The Same As 2020 Toyota RAV4
- Will Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch Keep Liftgate Function from Working on 2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
- Weight of Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch for 2019 Toyota RAV4
- Is There a 1-1/4" Hitch Available For the 2020 Toyota RAV4 For Fold Up Bike Rack
- Fitment of the Draw-Tite Hitch # 36675 on a 2022 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
- Class III Trailer Hitch vs. Class II Trailer Hitch for 2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
- Will Draw-Tite Class II Trailer Hitch Disable Hands-Free Liftgate on 2019 Toyota RAV4
- What is Most Hidden Trailer Hitch that Fits 2020 Toyota RAV4
- Which Class II Hitch for 2022 Toyota RAV4 Has Best Ground Clearance
- Easiest To Install Trailer Hitch for a 2019 Toyota RAV4
- Does the Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch 36675 Fit a 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
- Weight of Curt C13416 Class III Versus etrailer Hitch for 2021 Toyota Rav4
- Recommendations for Hitch Receiver on 2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid AWD
- Will Draw-Tite Hitch For 2023 Toyota RAV4 Support Swing-Out Tire Carrier
- Does Draw Tite Hitch # 36675 Fit 2021 Rav4 Prime
- Recommended Trailer Hitch To Carry Dirt Bike Carrier With 2021 Toyota RAV4
- Will Draw Tite Hitch Installed on 2019 Toyota RAV4 Have Better Ground Clearance Than Passat
- Recommended Trailer Hitch Receiver For Carrying a 1-1/4 Bike Carrier On a 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
- How to Carry Bikes and Tow Tear Trailer With Vehicle That Has 1-1/4 Inch Trailer Hitch Receiver
- Recommended Trailer Hitch Receiver For 2021 Toyota Venza
- Easy to Install Trailer Hitch for 2020 Toyota RAV4
- Trailer Hitch Clearance For 2022 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
- What is the Difference Between the Ground Clearance of the Curt # C66KR and the Draw-Tite # 36675?
- Trailer Hitch With 1-1/4 Inch Receiver For 2021 Toyota RAV4
- Is there a 2 Inch Hitch for a 2023 Toyota RAV4?