Does Yakima Longarm Kayak Assist Have Adjustable Height
Hello, I have a Subaru Outback with the factory rail rack and crossbars. I’d love to get something to help me load my Hobie outback deck side down on the rack that has padding, but I’m not sure what load assist would work. I’ve looked at the Yakima LongArm Truck Bed Extender and it actually looks like it would work, but I’m not sure if the height lines up. I have a trail hitch, but I’m not sure of the hitch measurement. What would be the best way to measure it? Also, I really like the Yakima Showboat 66, but it’s sold out everywhere. What would you recommend? I plan on going out by myself, so really want to be safe and not damage my car/kayak.
asked by: Andrea
The great thing about the Yakima Longarm part # Y01149 is that you can use it at different angles which puts the bar at varying heights so that you can pick the best height that will help you load. So you wouldn't have to worry about the bar height being correct since it's adjustable. See attached picture.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- How to Get Additional Height from Yakima Long Arm Load Extender
- Compatibility of Standard Hitch Pin and Lock on Yakima LongArm Truck Bed Load Extender
- Will The Yakima LongArm Fit My 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
- Yakima Long Arm Truck Bed Load Extender Compatibility With A 2016 Chevy Colorado
- Transporting Kayak With Toyota Tacoma With Overland Bed Rack
- Load Assist Kayak Carrier for a 2017 Chevy Volt
- What Hitch Pin Lock Fits the Yakima LongArm Truck Bed Load Extender?
- Can Yakima LongArm Extender be Used for Long Kayak and 5-1/2 Foot Bed Truck
- Recommended Truck Bed Load Extender
- Could Yakima LongArm Be Used At Higher Setting and Clear Tailgate
- Will The Yakima LongArm Truck Bed Load Extender # Y01149 Fit a 2005 Toyota Tacoma Short Bed?
- Recommendation for Towing Trailer While Using Front Hitch to Transport Large Kayak
- Will The Yakima HandRoll Fit With Yakima LongArm Load Extender?
- Tow Extender Compatible with Tonneau Cover Height So Tailgate Remains Closed
- What Cab Extender do You Carry to Transport My Two 29-Inch Wide Kayaks Side-By-Side?
- Will The Yakima LongArm Truck Bed Extender Fit On A Honda Ridgeline
- What Is The Tape At The End Of The Yakima LongArm For?
- What Is The Diameter Of The Yakima LongArm Crossbar
- Can J-Style Carriers be Used on the Yakima LongArm Truck Bed Load Extender
- Can 2019 Ford Ranger Tailgate be Lowered with Yakima LongArm Extender Installed
- Front Hitch for 2008 Ford F-250 To Use a Load Extender
- Roof Rack Recommendation For 2014 Ford F-150 SuperCrew For Carrying Canoe
- Compatibility Of Rhino-Rack Load Assist with Hitch Expander Adapter for Class II Trailer Hitch
- Diameter of Crossbar of LongArm Truck Bed Load Extender, Item # Y01149
- Recommended Load Extender to Match Roof Line on Wagon
- Hauling Kayaks On A Polaris Ranger
- Anti-Rattle Device for 2-1/2-Inch Hitch Suitable for Use with Reducer Sleeve
- Recommended Truck Bed Load Extender For Carrying A Canoe At Cab Height