bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Which High/Low Adapter for Flat Towing Lifted Jeep


I have a 03 f 250 4x4 and I want to flat tow my lifted jeep. Problem is that the jeep is way higher then the truck . I need a receiver that will bring the tow bar up level with with both vehicles. Also what breaks do you recommend for towed vehicle? Thanks


Expert Reply:

You'll need a high/low adapter to bring the tow bar within 3 inches +/- of level. The adapter you need will depend on the height difference between the base plates and the receiver on the motorhome/tow vehicle.

Roadmaster offers several different adapters:

• For a 2 inch rise/drop, use # RM-072-2
• For a 4 inch rise/drop, use # RM-070
• For a 6 inch rise/drop, use # RM-048-6
• For a 8 inch rise/drop, use # RM-048-8
• For a 10-1/4 inch rise/drop, use # RM-048-10

I've linked to an article that explains how to choose the correct adapter for your needs.

For supplemental braking system for your Jeep, I'd recommend a portable system like the Blue Ox Patriot # BLU37TR. Going with a portable system would allow you to avoid the time consuming and expensive installation of a permanently installed system, and would allow you to easily move the system to a different vehicle in the future, if need be. I've linked to a video that shows how the Patriot works.

I've also linked to our selection of high/low adapters.

expert reply by:
Mike L

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>