bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Trailer Connector for Golf Cart  


I want to hook up a 4 prong trailer wire from a 2003 ezgo txt gas golf cart to a trailer with turn signals,running lights, and brake lights. I have a street legal light kit on the golf cart, I believe it was a madjax kit Any info on this would be appreciated. Thanks


Expert Reply:

How you'd proceed will depend on how the existing taillights on the golf cart are wired. If it's a combined wiring system, where the turn signal and brake lamp are carried on the same circuit you can simply splice a 4 pole connector in using # 18252. Rather than using the quick splice connectors, I'd recommend soldering the connections and protecting them with heat shrink tubing like # DW05451. If you don't have a soldering iron, we offer a handy cordless model as part # PTW2000.

If your wiring system carries the brake lamps and turn signals on separate circuits (if your turn signals are amber colored, this is the system you have) you'll need a taillight converter like # C56175. I'd also recommend soldering these connections and using heat shrink tubing to protect them form damage and the elements.

I've linked to some installation videos that you might find helpful.

expert reply by:
Mike L

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>