Replacement Spare Tire Mount for Thule Spare Me Spare Tire Mount Bike Rack for a 2007 Toyota RAV4
I have the older Thule 963 Spare Me, It wont fit my 2007 Rav4 because of a metal flangefoot that sticks out of back door between wheel to help rest tire on when changing wheel. Is there a newer style mount that I can just buy that will couple my 2007 Rav4 and older style Thule 963?
asked by: Rob C
The original Thule 963 Spare Me bike carrier did not work on the 2006 to 2010 Toyota RAV4 because of mounting limitations with the original mounting plate like you have said.
The Thule Replacement Mounting Plate, # 753-3532, is the replacement plate that is needed in order for the older Thule 963 Spare Me bike carrier to be used on your 2007 Toyota RAV4 with factory spare tire.
The newer Thule Spare Me 2 Bike Carriert, # TH963PRO, includes the newer replacement plate which allows this bike carrier to fit on the 2006 to 2010 Toyota RAV4 with factory spare tire. It will not fit if the vehicle has the spare tire mounted back-up camera.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Spare Tire Bike Racks
- Mounting Hardware
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Spare Tire Bike Rack Recommendation that Has Offset to Allow for Off-Center Spare Wheel
- Q&A: Will the Yakima SpareRide Work With the Factory Backup Camera on a 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU
- Article: How to Choose a Spare-Tire-Bike Rack
- Q&A: How to Choose a Hitch Mount Bike Rack for a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
- Q&A: How Tall is the Vertical Arm of the Thule Hitching Post Pro Hitch Mount Bike Rack
- Q&A: Can the Surco Spare Tire 3-Bike Carrier be Installed Without the Spare Tire on a 2013 Jeep Wrangler
- Q&A: Camper Shell Roof Rack and Kayak Carriers for a Ford Pickup
- Q&A: Can Other Branded Cargo Carriers Be Used With The Hollywood Racks Sport Rider SE2 Bike Rack
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack for a Jeep Wrangler
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack That Will Clear a Rear Mounted Spare Tire or Bumper
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: Flat Towing Package for 2007-2018 JK Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited
- Article: Big Truck Big RV
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit