How To Install Curt Powered Tail Light Converter On 2017 Audi A4
2017 Audi A4.. cant seem to figure out how to wire the C59236 kit I bought. Removed the taillights and found the turn signal wires on each side. Found the tail light wire.. I cant find a brake light wire. Ive tried just about every combo possible and nothing seems to work entirely proper. I either have no brake lights on the trailer, or the turn signals swap sides when the brakes are applied grabbed the stop light from the left turn signal, which was one of the solutions posted.. I know its probably an easy fix. Ive just exhausted all my options.. any help would be appreciated.
asked by: William N
The Curt Powered Tail Light Converter with 4-Pole Flat Trailer Connector part # C59236 is a fit for a 2017 Audi A4. The Audi has a separate wiring system with pulse width modulation. This means the brake and turn signals are sent along separate wires and signals are sent as pulses. Therefore, it can be hard to test for the correct wires. I wouldn't be able to give exact wire color information which I think is what you're looking for but what I can recommend is using a fluke meter which can better detect voltage variances.
Please also make sure you are splicing into the wires in the rear quarter panels, not the lights attached to the hatch.
Featured Help Information
- Shop: ZCI Circuit Protected Vehicle Wiring Harness w/ 4-Pole Flat Trailer Connector and Installation Kit
- Shop: Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver - Custom Fit - Class I - 1-1/4"
- Shop: Trailer Wiring
- Shop: Trailer Hitch
- Shop: Curt Powered Tail Light Converter with 4-Pole Flat Trailer Connector
- Shop: Draw-Tite Sportframe Trailer Hitch Receiver - Custom Fit - Class I - 1-1/4"
- Video: Choosing the Right Trailer Wiring
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Shop: Universal Installation Kit for Trailer Brake Controller - 7-Way RV and 4-Way Flat - 10 Gauge Wires
- Search Results: trailer hitch
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a 4-Way and 7-Way Trailer Connector
- Video: Choosing the Right Brake Controller
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Search Results: hitch
- Video: Tow Ready 4-Pole Mounting Bracket Installation
- Q&A: Difference Between Curt and etrailer Trailer Hitch Receivers for 2020 Chevy Colorado
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Shop: etrailer Hitch Pin Alignment Collar for Hitch Accessories - 2" Hitches
- Shop: Roof Rack
- Search Results: trailer hitch wiring
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Video: Curt Powered Tail Light Converter Installation - 2023 Kia Telluride
- Q&A: Does Truck with 6-1/2 ft bed Have to Use Slider Hitch for Turning Clearance with Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Shop: 7- and 4-Pole Trailer Connector Socket w/ Mounting Bracket - Vehicle End
- Shop: Suspension Enhancement
- Search Results: brake controller
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Shop: Brake Controller
- Search Results: etbc7