What To Do if Under Dash Connector for Wiring Harness On 2011 Toyota Highlander Is In Use
Dear etrailer team, I was looking to purchase a wiring harness for my 2011 Toyota Highlander no tow package. I viewed your video and then went to check under my dash for the connector. I noticed that my remote start module was plugged into it. Is there a way to also connect the wiring harness? Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
asked by: Jon G
It sounds like you might be looking to install a four way trailer connector on a 2011 Toyota Highlander. If that's the case we have some great options. I recommend the T-One Vehicle Wiring Harness part # 118449 which installs using two plugs, one beneath your dash and one behind the driver's-side interior trim panel in your rear cargo area.
I don't see any reason why a remote start would use the same plugs as the trailer connector converter but if this is indeed correct, you'd have no other option but to remove it. The attached video shows the correct location at around the :55 mark.
Featured Help Information
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Q&A: Installing 7-way Blade Trailer Connector on 2013 Toyota Highlander
- Q&A: How To Determine if the 2018 Toyota Highlander Has A Tow Package For Trailer Wiring
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Q&A: How to Determine if a 2018 Toyota Highlander has a Factory Tow Package
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: How To Tell If 2015 Toyota Highlander Came With Tow Package For Trailer Wiring Harness
- Q&A: How to Determine if a 2017 Toyota Highlander has a Factory Tow Package
- Q&A: How To Tell If 2016 Toyota Highlander Has Factory Tow Package Wiring
- Q&A: How to Tell if 2019 Toyota Highlander Has Factory Tow Package
- Article: Brake Controller Installation: Starting from Scratch
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Article: Towing a Trailer? Let's Talk About Brake Controllers
- Article: 2023 Best Gifts for Auto Enthusiasts