bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Replacement Weight Distribution Hitch Parts


Bought a used RV. It came with Husky weight distribution bars round curved bar, chain-style, 801- 1200 tongue weight, a little notched section on the curve to fit into a round hole The chain pins and hardware are installed on the trailer, so what I need is the replacement assembly to attach to my truck. I have a standard 2 receiver, will need a 2 5/16 ball and I would like to attach a sway control to it also. Do you have a replacement hitch for this Husky bar?


Helpful Expert Reply:

We no longer carry Husky weight distribution systems, so unfortunately we wouldn't have any replacement parts.

I'd recommend going with a quality replacement round bar system from Reese, like their # RP66022 which has the same capacity as your old Husky system. The weight distribution head offers the holes for mounting a sway control bar like part # 83660. It's recommended that two sway units be used on trailers 26 feet in length or longer. The # RP66022 doesn't include a shank, but you can reuse the one from your existing system.

For a 2-5/16 inch trailer ball, use # 19286.

helpful expert reply by:
Mike L

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>