bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Can Attached 50 Amp Cable be Converted to Detached for Use with MorRyde Storage Reel


Hello I have a motorhome where the 50amp cord is currently permanently attached to the transfer switch. I would like to use this reel and wonder if it possible. I see how it works for a detachable cord, but wonder how it does for a fixed cord like mine. The brochure seems to indicate that it will work. It seems like you start reeling from the end that goes into the pedestal. That would mean unwinding the cord all the way each time it is used. Would I be able to make a pigtail from the transfer box to the reel by attaching a 50amp plug on the pigtail and a socket on the powercord. If the socket could be stored facing outside the reel and not on the inside of the reel, I would not have to unwind it all the way. Just unwind to the length needed and then plug in the pigtail. Thanks for your consideration


Expert Reply:

For a hardwired 50 amp cord like what you have you'd have to insert the free end of the cable into the MorRyde part # MR47RR and reel it in that way. If you wanted to change your setup to a detachable cord you certainly could so that you could reel it up from the opposite end.

To do that you'd need to cut the attached cable and install the part # 381684 on one end and then on the other install the # F30ITRPSAM.

expert reply by:
Jameson C

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>