How to Avoid Spoiler Contact Using the Support Strap # 18050 on a 2015 Subaru Outback Wagon
How would you attach a stabilizing strap 18050 on a Subaru 2015 Outback wagon to a Kuat Sherpa rack? 61 inches does not seem like it would stretch from hatch top to the main support of the rack near where it s in the hitch. Kuat says attaching to the lockdown arm could damage it. Plus the issue of the car spoiler is a problem.
asked by: Rob
Since there are no specific instructions on how to install the Support Strap # 18050 you can get a little creative.
If you are afraid of damaging the spoiler on your 2015 Subaru Outback Wagon then I recommend installing the clip part of the strap in the bottom side of the trunk as seen here in the attached image by one of our other customers. Or try using the safety chain loops on the hitch itself. The goal being to minimize the torque placed on the hitch through movement, bouncing etc.
(click to enlarge)
Products Referenced in This Question
- Hitch Bike Racks
- Platform Rack
- Folding Rack
- Tilt-Away Rack
- Wheel Mount
- Bike and Hitch Lock
- 2 Bikes
- Class 3
- Fits 2 Inch Hitch
- Carbon Fiber Bikes
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: Rooftop Cargo Carriers
- Q&A: Recommended Lock Cores for Thule Rapid Podium Feet
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between Class 1 and Class 2 Hitches for the Scion XB
- Q&A: Will the Curt Trailer Hitch # C13233 Fit Hybrid Model of 2017 Volvo XC90
- Q&A: Trailer Hitch Recommendation for 2016 Volvo XC90 R-Design
- Q&A: Recommended Hitch and Bike Rack for a 2006 Honda Accord
- Q&A: 26 Inch Long Leaf Springs For Keystone Cougar With 5,200 lb Axles