Comparing the Two Best E-Bike Racks from Thule and Yakima
We drive a 2006 Lexus GX470. We have a 2” hitch mount. We bought two Rad Mini Ebikes each weighing 60 # with battery removed. Which bike racks would you suggest we compare. Please note our rear door opens on the left and opens out not up/down. Thank you for your reply in advance.
asked by: Samantha M
For heavier e-bikes like yours there are two frontrunners for bike racks to consider with the Thule EasyFold XT part # TH903202 and the Yakima OnRamp part # Y36FR. What sets these apart from others is they both have ramps to make loading and unloading bikes easier since e-bikes are heavy.
The EasyFold folds down into a smaller size when not in use which helps for garage storage but the OnRamp is 6 lbs lighter at 39 lbs compared to 45. That's how I'd pick if I were you. Which would you prefer? Something a little lighter or something that stores a bit smaller? Also the Yakima currently is priced noticeable better which is a big factor too.
I attached review videos for both racks for you to check out as well.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Hitch Bike Racks
- Platform Rack
- Folding Rack
- Tilt-Away Rack
- Frame Mount
- Bike and Hitch Lock
- 2 Bikes
- Class 1
- Class 2
- Class 3
- Fits 1-1/4 Inch Hitch
- Fits 2 Inch Hitch
- Fits 1-1/4 and 2 Inch Hitch
- Electric Bikes
- Heavy Bikes
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Do I Need a Bike Frame Adapter Bar when Using the RV Rider with Step-Thru Electric Bikes?
- Gazelle C380 E-Bike Compatibility With Kuat Bike Racks
- How to Get a Replacement Strap Buckle for a Yakima OnRamp Bike Rack
- Recommended Bike Rack for a 1-1/4 Inch Hitch and a 2 Inch Hitch
- Hitch Extender Recommendation to Fit Yakima OnRamp On RV
- Can The Yakima OnRamp Be Used On Travel Trailer For Hauling 2 Electric Bikes?
- Why Is The RV Per Bike Weight Capacity Lower For The Yakima OnRamp Bike Rack
- Recommended Hitch Pin Lock For A Yakima OnRamp Bike Rack
- Can The Yakima OnRamp Haul Two Razor Scooters
- 2021 Ford Bronco Bike Rack Hitch Fitment with Spare Tire on Rear Door
- Bike Rack Recommendation for Electra 8D Townie Go and Schwinn e-Bikes with Fenders
- Need Bike Rack for 2 eBikes to Use on Travel Trailer
- Can A Standard Hitch Pin Be Used On The Yakima OnRamp Bike Rack # Y36FR
- Will Yakima OnRamp Bike Rack Fit on a 2020 Audi Q5
- What Hitch Bike Rack Can Carry 80 Lbs E-Bikes
- Bike Rack Carriers Capable of Supporting 65LB E-Bikes On a Class C Motorhome
- Will the Yakima OnRamp Fit My 3-Inch Wide Bike Tires on My 2014 RAM 1500 and 2022 Forest River TT?
- Bike Rack to be used During Flat Tow and Why Does the Bike Rack Need to be Flat Tow Approved
- Recommended Least Visible Hitch That will Fit A 2022 Honda Pilot With Full Size Spare Tire
- RV Approved Bike Rack Recommendation for Use at Rear of 5th Wheel
- Can I Use a Hitch Extender w/ the Yakima OnRamp Bike Rack?
- How far down does the Yakima OnRamp # Y36FR Tilt Down?
- Can I Use the Yakima OnRamp with my Aventon Aventure E-Bikes
- Are There Wider Ramps for the Yakima OnRamp Bike Rack for 2 Electric Bikes for Fat Tires