Info Needed to Determine Replacement Bearings for Trailer
Is it possible to find out what bearings and seals I need for my camper trailer with just the year, make, and VIN of the trailer?
asked by: James M
Sometimes we can find that info with just the year and model but typically it's easiest to look at the axle and let me know what the capacity is.
In the worst case scenario you'd need to take the hub off and get either the bearing numbers or the diameter of the spindle where the bearings and seal ride.
- Article: Most Popular Wheel Bearings
- Article: Replacing the Bearing, Races and Seals on a Trailer Hub
- Q&A: How to Determine Replacement Trailer Wheel Bearing Sizes
- Article: How to Measure the Bolt Pattern of a Trailer Wheel
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: Trailer Tire Sizing
- Article: How to Tell the Weight Rating of a Trailer Axle
- Q&A: Picking Out Bearing Kit for Trailer with 2,000 lb Axles
- Q&A: How to Determine if Trailer has 84 Spindle to Pick Out Replacement
- Article: How to Bleed Your Trailer Surge Brakes
- Q&A: How to Measure to Determine the Size Trailer Brakes Needed For Hydraulic Drum Replacement
- Q&A: What is the Best Grease for Trailer Bearings
- Q&A: Replacement Hub/Rotor and Bearings for Tie Down Engineering TDE46245
- Q&A: Lug Nut Torque Chart for Trailer Wheels