bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Recommendations for Ball Mount Anti-Rattle Device


Is there any product to take out the “slop” between the receiver and hitch.


Expert Reply:

What you're looking for is an anti-rattle device. We offer many different types that are designed differently, but essentially they all will force the shank of the hitch mounted accessory tight against the wall of the receiver, eliminating the rattle and bang caused by the differences in manufacturing tolerances between the receiver and the accessory's shank. I'll assume you have a 2 inch receiver hitch, if yours is different, let me know.

I most often recommended the locking Let's Go Aero anti-rattle device, part # 63232. This is a locking hitch pin that forces the hitch accessory's shank tight up against the inner wall of the receiver tube, preventing movement.

If you don't wish to used a locking anti-rattle device or your accessory's shank has a solid shank, you can use the etrailer brand # e99007.

I've linked to demonstration videos for each of the products mentioned above.

expert reply by:
Mike L

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>