bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Anti-Rattle Device to Use with 2" Hitch Extension


Hi, Im looking for a hitch clamp to use on a 2 x 12 extension. My spare tire is to large for my Hollywood bike carrier to slide in. I need to be able to utilize the tension clamping device on the bike rack as well clamp the extension to the hitch on the vehicle. Looks like the Brody clamp is what I want? Thanks Bill


Expert Reply:

The Roadmaster Quiet Hitch # RM-061 is one of our more popular anti-rattle devices. It has a very simple design while being very effective. The most important thing with this anti-rattle device is to make sure it's installed so that it is pulling down on the shank going into the hitch receiver. I have provided an image to show the proper installation orientation of it.

The Brophy Stabilizer Bracket # RHSB is a good option if you don't want to have to carry a wrench with you but the Quiet Hitch is much more effective.

Proper orientation of the Roadmaster Quiet Hitch
Proper orientation of the Roadmaster Quiet Hitch
(click to enlarge)
expert reply by:
Jacob H

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>